From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Grooms, Frederick W
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Strange License issue in 7.6.4

What it sounds like is happening is that a user is being routed back thru the
load balancer from the ARServer and getting directed to the other server

Can you try setting the hosts file so once you are on a server you stay on the
server?

Here is what I mean:
  Say the LoadBalancer is 192.168.1.1,  ARServer1 is 192.168.1.11,  and
ARServer2 is 192.168.1.12
  Your server group is called REMEDY,  ARS server 1 is REMEDY1, and ARS server
2 is REMEDY2

  What is happening is a user connects to REMEDY (Which is a DNS alias for the
LoadBalancer) and is redirected to REMEDY1.  When REMEDY1 needs to open or
access some data for a user it tries to connect to REMEDY (since that is the
server name the user is working with) and the LoadBalancer redirects that
connection to REMEDY2.  Your user is now connected to 2 ARS servers using 2
licenses.

By changing the hosts file on REMEDY1 we can stop that looping back thru the
LoadBalancer
  REMEDY1 hosts file before change
     127.0.0.1        localhost
     192.168.1.11  REMEDY1 REMEDY1.MYDOMAIN.COM

  REMEDY1 hosts file after change
     127.0.0.1        localhost
     192.168.1.11  REMEDY1 REMEDY1.MYDOMAIN.COM REMEDY REMEDY.MYDOMAIN.COM

Fred