To retrieve multiple attachments for incidents and change what we have been is
written a scripts are runmacro.

My env is Unix....
1. Create a macro that exports the  attachment when pass the single
change/incident variable.
2. Append the macro above "end' to-file: <Location of Export file to >Report.xml
3. Export to *.rep, *.xml, or *.arx ..  file format should export the
attachments, not sure which at the moment we use .xml/.rep
4. Run macro "runmacro path" -x server -a port -d "macro directory" -e "Name of
Macro" -U "user" -P "password"
5. Note Name of Macro is not the filename, but the first line of the content of
file.... bc WUT will give it a funky name..
6. This will export the attachments specific to change/incidents.
7. We added a wrapper to the process, to allow passing multiple
incidents/change, and with the creation of each attachment export, grab to
files, create a folder of that change record and place the respective
attachments in them.
8. Otherwise, all the attachments will be in one location and you won't know
which belongs to change/incidents request.
9. we used sharepoint to upload each change/incident folder, so user/auditor
have access to attachments, instead of going to Remedy and look one at a time.
10. we are exploring Documentum, for better storage since attachments with
characters in name is not sharepoint friendly.

Kinda messy but it works.

Having spoken to BMC support: I was told runmacro will not go away when the
client is decommissioned.

However, we are exploring if this can be accomplished with webservices.

Hope this helps.