I might look at how difficult it would be to manually re-create these changes.
You have the 7.1 version and just need to almost just rekey them.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of patchsk
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 3:40 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: how to migrate the changes from a pre-overlay ars server(7.1) into
overlay server(7.6.04)

**

I created a copy of our prod env which in on ars 7.1 custom apps  and upgraded
it to 7.6.04 p002 a few months ago.

During the upgrade process I used bpcu utility to convert the  OOTB core forms
like email system, user, group  etc.. to overlays where we did customization.

The 7.6.04 server is running in overlay mode and is currently going through
testing.

Now in the past few weeks there have been some code changes made in our prod
ars 7.1 server.

How can I import those changes into 7.6.04 server?

Do I need to go through whole upgrade process again?