Hello Listers,

I am setting up a new ITSM 7.6.4 server and we are ready to configure our
assets. I have used the Integrator to import several thousand server (Computer
System) CIs, and I have used the Data Management tool to import the Maintenance
contracts for those CIs.

When I tried to use the "Transactional-Contract.xls" sheet to import the
relationship between the server CIs and their maintenance contracts, however,
it said that the relationship "Related to" (which is what is set when you do
the action manually), was in error, specifically: 1023- Invalid  Relationship
Type selected.

Now the sheet seems to indicate that CI-Contract relationships are allowed as
it gives directions on how to identify the CI and the Contract. Has anyone else
tried this?

(Directions from the spreadsheet)

"This required field must be completed with one of the followings:

1) For Parent Relationship Type of Contract, enter the Instance ID (from the
target form) or the Contract Identifier (from the CTR:LoadContractBase form) of
the Parent record to which the association is being made.

2) For Parent Relationship Type of Configuration Item, enter the Reconciliation
ID."

"This required field must be completed with one of the followings:

1) For Child Relationship Type of Contract, enter the Instance ID (from the
target form) or the Contract Identifier (from the CTR:LoadContractBase form) of
the child record.

2) For Child Relationship Type of License Certificate, enter the Instance ID
(from the target form) or ID (from the AST:LoadLicenseCertificates form) of the
child record."

"This required field must be completed with one of the following numbers or
words, according to the significance indicated in the following list:

32000 or Attached to

35000 or Related to
77000 or Terms and Conditions of"
(End)

Alternately, is there some other standard procedure we are supposed to follow
to set up several thousand CIs' contract relationships? I see that the dialog
pushes to CTR:Contract Relationship, and AST:CMDB Associations (ActiveLink:
AST:ASA:RelateFromContract_200_PAAA_PCRC), but the filters on these forms are
set to only run on Submit and not Merge, so I can't import to them directly. I
would prefer not to create a new form and workflow just to perform what should
be a standard configuration action, so please if anyone has done this and knows
of an OOB method, let me know.

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2010 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.