Hi,

I have used overlays just like you describe.

Do my changes in Best Practice Mode, and then propagate the changes to
Base Mode when they are approved. Or just delete the oberlays/custom
objects that did not get approved.

The current main problem with this is that there is no way in Dev Studio
to do this. I built RRR|DefBPCU to convert the exported def file
instead...

The other problem is that you can not work with Deployable Applications in
Best Practice Mode...

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):