From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:05 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Data Import Processing.

Hello Listers,
 ARS 7.6.03 Build 001
MS SQL 2005
Windows Server 2003 VM

I'm working with a group that needs constant data imports to an asset form in
ARSystem.
To handle this we built a "Pre-Import" form.
Everything gets imported to the Pre-Import form which has filters firing on
merge to see if the asset exists in the ARSystem form. If it exists certain
data is copied to the Pre-import form and used to determine if the asset record
should be updated. If it doesn't exist we just push the Pre-import record
through as a new asset.

Now others want to use this process and they have many more fields to import
but not all of the fields will have data every time.

My dilemma is this, when a record is loaded to the Pre-import form AND it
exists in the asset form, blank fields in the import form clear out the asset
field when merged.
The only way I can think to overcome this is to have a filter per field to
check for $NULL$ and then don't do a filter PUSH on merge for that field.
I'm working on multiple projects at once right now and I just can't wrap my
head around this one.
I don't want to create 40+ filters for this task.

Thank you,
---
John J. Reiser
Remedy Developer/Administrator
Senior Software Development Analyst
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased by me