From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of jaimie
Sent: 12 September 2012 15:25
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 7.6.04 SP3 from ARS 7.1 - failing to upgrade forms

Hello,

We are trying to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.6.04 SP3.  We run the installer
and keep getting a failed install and when I look at the logs were are
getting this error:

(Sep 12 2012 09:24:03.459 AM
-0400),INFO,com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerPostUpgradeInstallationTask,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[Updating using sql update group_cache set
groupOverlay = NULL where entryId IN (select b.entryId from Group_x
a,group_cache b where a.Group_ID=b.groupId and a.Real_Overlay_Group IS
NULL AND b.groupOverlay IS NOT NULL)]}
(Sep 12 2012 09:24:03.460 AM
-0400),INFO,com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerPostUpgradeInstallationTask,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[update group_cache set groupOverlay = NULL
where entryId IN (select b.entryId from Group_x a,group_cache b where
a.Group_ID=b.groupId and a.Real_Overlay_Group IS NULL AND
b.groupOverlay IS NOT NULL)]}
(Sep 12 2012 09:24:03.493 AM
-0400),INFO,com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerPostUpgradeInstallationTask,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[ORA-00904: "A"."REAL_OVERLAY_GROUP": invalid
identifier
]}
(Sep 12 2012 09:24:03.550 AM

The reason we get the error is because while the group_cache form is
being upgraded, the group_x view on that table is not.  The
Real_Overlay_Group is not being added to the group_x during the
install.    We have tried everything we can find or think of and still
cannot get around this error.  We are running AIX 6.1, Oracle 10g, and
Oracle Client 11g.

The worst part is that even though the installer is supposed to
rollback its changes when it fails, its not doing that.  So our server
is dead in the water.  We are not getting any ideas from the
arerror.log either.  There was one error in the arerror.log that said
it couldn't find a web library file, but that is outside of this
issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions.  BMC recommended deleting the group
form, except since we can't get the server to come up, we would have
to do it from the database and I'm  not really confident that would
work.   I was thinking about adding the column manually and then
running the install, but I'm not sure what information should be in
that field and if it will even update the field with the right values.

I am open to any suggestions at this point.

Thank you

A copy of the LCH.Clearnet e-mail disclaimer can be found at:
www.lchclearnet.com/disclaimer/email

LCH.Clearnet Limited, Registered Office: Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street,
London EC3N 1EA.
Recognised as a Clearing House under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000.
Reg in England No.25932.
LCH.Clearnet SA, Siège Social, 18 rue du Quatre Septembre, 75002 Paris, Chambre
de Compensation conformément au Code Monétaire et Financier.