Or another supported way with about a 2 or 3 step set field operation would be
to STRSTR the start and end position, then SUBSTR that string, and then REPLACE
it.. You could do it in a nested operation with a single set field..

Joe

From: Jose Manuel Huerta Guillén
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 1:46 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: REPLACE question

**
You can use Regular Expressions to achieve it. Remedy doesn't have Regex by
default, but you can access them using one of the next two tricks:

1.- You can use Regex using a direct SQL and using a SELECT that computes the
regex. Oracle has Regex, and I think that MS SQL also has.

2.- Install a filter-plugin to use Regex, like this one:
https://communities.bmc.com/communities/thread/53307?start=0&tstart=0

Another option is to create a filter guide with a loop to detect the patter
erase it and substitute by your own. Misi is an expert doing such things. It
remain at Remedy, but is harder to do and slower to compute.

Jose Manuel Huerta
http://theremedyforit.com/