This seems like it should be very easy, but I can't get it working.

I am using AIE from CMDB 7.6.4 SP2 to feed in People data. I am trying to use
the Targetsql statement to for lookups and mapping data values.  For example, I
need to set the manager login id for an employee, but all I have is their name,
so I use the following:

Targetsql | select Login_ID
from CTM_People
where Profile_Status = 'Enabled' and Full_Name = $Supervisor$

>From the AIE user guide, this should put the current value for $Supervisor$ in
>place and then run the query. Instead, what I get is:

[Mon Sep 10 2012 13:34:41.9660] - <TID: 001> <ERR   > *** Field Mapping Error
for Targetsql | select Login_ID
from CTM_People
where Profile_Status = 'Enabled' and Full_Name = $Supervisor$

[Mon Sep 10 2012 13:34:41.9660] - <TID: 001> <ERR   > --> Data type undefined

I have also tried '$Supervisor$' with the same result. Is there some other
delimiter I should be using, or do I need to be "\"ing something? Anyone that
has successfully passed variables into an AIE Targetsql statement, please let
me know the recipe.

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2012 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.