From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Frex Popo
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:15 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: encrypting a remedy password.

**
Hi everyone ,

Would anyone who has done something similar and encountered himself having the
situation could give us some hints on how to resolve this issue with minimum
effort i.e. without making any code changes.
We have a set of Java API programs which connect to an ARS server and create
some forms data. These scripts read a password from a flat file among other
stuff (for easy maintenance so to say). So without making any changes to any of
the Java code, is there an option of encrypting the password which the java
could still read and pass to the API call which established the remedy
connection?
There are two places where I see the password references in every java script.
remedypassword = prop.getproperty("remedypass"); setpassword(remedypassword);
This by the way  is a 7.1 server running on a Sun Solaris 5.10 and an Oracle 10.
Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
frex