Why not run a recon job to copy the CI's across...

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Kathy Morris
Sent: Thursday, 4 October 2012 5:25 a.m.
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDB

**
Hi,

I have assets in the BMC.ADDM that contained total about 400,000 CIs including
relationships that was propogated to different tables.  We are using Impact
Model Designer and need to build a service model.  To create the service model,
the user needs access to the components that are in the BMC.ADDM dataset.  With
Impact Model Designer, the user has to create the model in their sandbox.
Unfortunately, we do not have a standard naming convention for components so I
cannot just copy specific CIs.  If I copy all of the data from the BMC.ADDM
dataset into the user's sandbox - will this cause in problems?  (outside of the
fact that we have duplicate CIs in another dataset?