From:         Jase Brandon <jasebran...@gmail.com>
Sender:       "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)"
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Date:         Mon, 8 Oct 2012 18:49:02
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Re: Re-use Login ID in Remedy

I said the same thing guys. Let me elaborate a tad. They use a unique id
for their company (custom attribute on the People form) that allows
internal identification based on their unique identifier attribute, so they
clam this will be acceptable when it comes to audits, I also brought up the
SarBox issues.
What concerns me is that Incidents/Changes/CI's, etc will have last
modified by "old guy" instead of "new guy". And... I haven't tried it yet,
but I suspect the Data tool isn't going to do the trick as it relates to
CI's.

By "reuse login Id' I was referring to: Ex. Joe Jones leaves the company
and has a Remedy login ID of "jjones". A new employee is hired, Judy Jones,
and she is issued the old login id used for Joe Jones of "jjones".
So if the new employee Judy Jones logs on as "jjones", does she suddenly
inherit all the records previously owned/last updated by "jjones" as the
original user of this id? Would she possibly see his Incidents/CI's, etc?
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this so pardon my rambling. :-)

I've never had to deal with this issue in the past and wondered how the
community handled this request or if anyone had ever had to deal with this
issue before.

7.6.04 SP2
Windows

Thanks,