Hi! Kia is an engaging speaker and.... well... you should have been here.

Here's something: talk SMACK to your customers!  Social, Mobile, Analytics,
Cloud, Knowledge. Those the areas in which computing in general, and
applications in particular, will evolve over the next few years.

Embrace "Genius Bar" and "Bring your own device". You should be able to
schedule an appointment with IT, just as you would with a barber or a mechanic
or physician. End users are much more tech-savvy than just a few years ago.
Consumerize the front end, manage the applications in the middle, industrialize
the back end.

Innovations at BMC are NOT an accident. Here's Doug Mueller. I notice a new
title on Doug's slide: Corporate Architect. Nice!

The world of IT is changing and we NEED to adapt to it. Not just running the
machinery, no longer just providing the services, but actively becoming a
partner with the business or enterprise. What you DO is IT, but your JOB is
better banking or retail or manufacturing. Too much of IT is focused on the
tools rather than on delivering the product of the company or organization.

Doug has admitted he does not have a smart phone. His phone is used for (wait
for it) phone calls! Attention span of a teenager is 140 characters. This
fundamentally changes the way you must interact.

"Decision support" not "Reporting." Data != information. The same data means
different information to different people. More and more often what IT does is
one source of many, rather than a single channel to deliver a service. How do
we get the "IT" out of "ITIL?" Why is it not "BPIL?"

Doug also gave us some insight into areas of improvement in coming releases.
New features will not be written using Flash - HTML5 instead. More normalized
data. More single source of truth. More emphasis on mobile clients and consumer
interface.

There's more, but we cannot tell you about it.... (Seriously). Very cool. You
had to be here....

Doug

--
Doug Blair
+1 224-558-5462

Sent from my new iPad
Auto-corrected typos, misspellings and non-sequiturs are gratefully attributed
to Steve Jobs :-)