On ITSM 7.6.4, we have Work Orders and Tasks being generated by Service
Requests. The users have requested that the Work Orders be activated on
creation to save time (no review is necessary of them). To do this, I added a
filter that looks for a flag field ('WO Type Field 30' = "In Progress") and if
found, sets the Status to "In Progress".  This is working fine, except when the
Work Order has tasks attached, and those tasks are set to notify the assignee,
four notifications are being generated for each task assigned. While the
notifications are for the same task, the 'eid' for each is different.  Here is
an example of four notifications:

http://aapqrmdymt04:8080/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=NTE%3aNotifier&server=AAPQREMEDY05&eid=NTS000000002523
You have been assigned Task TAS000000000513
Task Type: Manual

http://aapqrmdymt04:8080/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=NTE%3aNotifier&server=AAPQREMEDY05&eid=NTS000000002531

http://aapqrmdymt04:8080/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=NTE%3aNotifier&server=AAPQREMEDY05&eid=NTS000000002532

http://aapqrmdymt04:8080/arsys/servlet/ViewFormServlet?form=NTE%3aNotifier&server=AAPQREMEDY05&eid=NTS000000002533
You have been assigned Task TAS000000000513
Task Type: Manual

When I create a Work Order manually, only one notification is sent. I also
tried disabling the flag field on one of the requests, submitting, and then
manually activating the Work Order - again, only one notification was generated.

It seems to me that there may be some kind of timing issue, some code involved
in generating the tasks that is mistakenly run several times but that normally
doesn't activate anything else noticeable. If anyone's worked with or noticed
this before, please let me know.

Alternate ideas on automating the WO activation are also acceptable (and
appreciated ;^)!

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GEMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2012 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.