Alan,

Sorry, guess I still don't understand, but at least Misi & LJ do.  I get "You
have entered an improperly formatted value for a real field" when I try to save
with 123.2&5 in a real number field in the User Tool or web.

But rather than try to change the input, how about throwing an error to the
user telling them to correct it?  Or does that have the same problem with being
unable to detect the incorrect characters on input?

David

David Durling
University of Georgia