Hi Shawn,

It has not changed for the Overview Console (yet). That is what we are
looking to address in this thread.

One point of clarification, there is not a different Overview Console for
the Customizable Home Page. The CHP uses inline forms to display the actual
Overview Console.

Either way were have been told by BMC staff that a license is only used
when saving (create/modify). Like Tony I am going to have to explain that
is not completely accurate (I've started but since mgmt is still in shock
from having to think about paying for CM licensing  to cover ~300 people
because it was "free" when CM was homegrown, I get that shutup look each
time I mention this issue).

Jason

On Nov 14, 2012 6:18 AM, "Pierson, Shawn" <shawn.pier...@sug.com> wrote:

> I want to jump in and ask a question on this specific to the example of
the Overview Console, and the area I'm specifically most interested in is
the customizable Home Page version of it, rather than the standalone
Overview Console.  You said,

> "As BMC has uncovered areas where licenses were being obtained where we
did not think it was appropriate (see the previous two examples), changes
have been made in later releases to make sure that adjustments were made to
not grab license tokens earlier than was intended."

> Can you specify what version of ITSM the behavior was changed in to not
grab licenses from the Overview Console?

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Mueller, Doug