Yes, transactional data synced fine.  Some of the configuration data for
service targets does not travel well, since it is tied to the z-filters that
are generated from that data.  Editing SLM objects on production after pulling
the db snapshot that you are upgrading from should be avoided (the BPCU /
upgrade docs even state something like that).

I did a one-time update of these tables in June 2011 to update all of the new
or changed records since the upgrade:

SLM:Measurement (OVERLAID)      RRR Sync
SLM:EventSchedule       RRR Sync
SLM:MilestoneLogging    RRR Sync
SLM:SLACompliance       RRR over
SLM:SLAComplianceHistory        RRR over
SLM:RuleActionNotifier  RRR Sync
BMC.AM:BMC_InventoryStorage_    RRR over del 0
SLM:ServiceTarget       RRR over del 0
SLM:Association RRR over del 0
SLM:SLADefinition       RRR over del 0
SLM:Milestone   RRR over del 0
SLM:RuleAction  RRR over del 0

...then ONLY updated these four (RRR Sync) in July and early August 2011 until
cutover:

SLM:Measurement
SLM:EventSchedule
SLM:MilestoneLogging
SLM:RuleActionNotifier

Those four are what I call SLM transactional data; they update/add records as
incidents are created and service targets are attached to them, and
subsequently updated.  After you update the incident table, the SLM data should
be synced to match.  Just don’t allow duplicate escalation notifications to
leave both servers during the time that they are run parallel.

Don't ask me how BMC.AM:BMC_InventoryStorage_ got involved, but we identified
is as SLM-related data – with only 1 record.

SLM:Measurement ended up overlaid on the 7.6.04 server to accommodate 7.1 data:
Form SLM:Measurement had a field enumeration in 7.1 that disappeared in 7.6 and
blocked moving data from production.
o       'Previous Status' (301412100) lost enumeration ID 2 "Pending"
o       This enumeration value set was restored to the SLM:Measurement form so
that data could be refreshed from production using rrr|Chive.

If you try to migrate your SLM data in its entirety, you will have to figure
out how to migrate the z-filters as well. The SLM data records store pointers
to the filters by an identifier, so it may take some tricks to get the objects
to line up properly.  By the time you get that figured out, you will probably
have switched to single-malt scotch whiskey - straight!

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/