Hi Listers:

I'm looking at the Known Error form (part of Problem Management) in ITSM 7.6.04
SP2 and am noticing that it has a field called View Access on the form itself.
My familiarity with View Access is only with what appears in the Work Info.
There, if it's set to Internal, it means that only users whose People record
has Support Staff set to Yes can see it.  If it's set to Public, it means that
any end user can view that particular Work Info if they access the ticket the
Work Info in question appears in via the Service Request Management (SRM)
module.

We haven't implemented SRM at our site, so I can't test the View Access on the
KE form directly, and I can't find reference to it anywhere in the BMC's
documentation for Problem Management.  I'm curious whether any of you out there
have played with it and can confirm whether it works the same way the View
Access on the Work Info does.  I'd tend to assume that it does, but have had
too many bites taken out of my backside over the years when I proceed without
confirming my assumptions.  I have no doubt that at least a few of you out
there can relate!

Thanks,

Natalie Stroud
SAIC @ Sandia National Laboratories
ARS-ITSM Tester
Albuquerque, NM USA
nkst...@sandia.gov<mailto:nkst...@sandia.gov>
ITSM 7.6.04 SP2 - Windows 2003 - SQL Server 2008