From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:03 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: All DECIMAL and CURRENCY data has been corrupted in AR Server
8.0.00

Hi,

I am having serious trouble with my Linux AR Server 8.0.00 (patch002 or
unpatched), Linux, Oracle.

All DECIMAL and CURRENCY data has been corrupted in the database. This has
happened on ALL records which were merged into the new server. It also
happens
when you submit/modify any such fields with any client.

I have attached a picture with the AR System Currency Ratios data, where the
problem-server is to the left, and a correct 7.6.04 SP2 Windows server to
the
right. The last two decimal places is wrong...

With very small test with the included driver program, I changed a DECIMAL
value and verified that the wrong value is written to the database.

Driver: Set Entry on Decimal field
0.864311

ARAPILOGGING=88:
0.864311

SQL LOG:
UPDATE T7 SET C1504=.864355,C5='miz',C6=1357735821 WHERE C1 =
'000000000040377'

As you can see, the two last digits are stored as 55 instead of 11...

I have tried this with many different clients and API-versions against the
same server, which tells me that this is a server issue.

If I access other servers with the same client, the value is stored as it is
supposed to.

I am running the server with se_SE.UTF-8 locale settings. This is not
supposed
to give any problem, but maybe it is realated...

Any ideas?

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12):

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org