  From: Mueller, Doug
  Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:22 PM
  Subject: Re: DSO - issues on 7.6.04?

  **
  Dave,

  Well the message says "Access problem" when trying to get the remote
definition..

  So, the question that immediately comes to mind is whether you have
configured the appropriate passwords

  for the DSO user to be able to access the remote system?

  You can get from B to A but not from A to B.  You can get from A to A and
from B to B.

  Well, B has a DSO password and you have to configure A to have that password
so that it can talk with B.

  I would check the configuration (configured on the Server Information form)
on system A - the one you

  cannot call from - to make sure that system B is registered with a password.
If there is a password, it will

  not show you the value so you might try entering the right value and saving
just to be sure that you have the

  right value configured.

  Then, see where that leaves you.

  But, an error of an "access problem" is related to password problems or port
configuration problems or

  something that prevents the DSO process on system A from accessing system B
for interaction.

  Hopefully this gives a hint that helps in finding a solution,

  Doug Mueller