If you have database access, then it's quite straight forward.

Select count (*) from Tx      --> x is a schemaid of a desire form.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Naoufal El Hilali
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 9:22 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: count record in form

**
Hi All,

I need your help in counting records in a form

I have an EIE instance that pushes some records to a form, and I wanted to
count the records received by EIE.

I have created a display only integer field "count"
created a filter that is executed in submit and sets the value of count to 0
and calls a filter guide
upon its execution the filter guide calls a filter that increment the count
field.

This development did not work for me, and I see nothing executed in filter logs

Thank you all in advance.

Naoufal El Hilali