I might be able to help if you can offer more specifics of what roadblocks you
are running into.  If something more formal were required I could speak with my
management about inviting you all in to compare notes on our two organizations'
wins and pain points with Remedy including SRM.  We haven't taken the "correct"
approach of doing a wholesale self-service initiative and starting with the
most common types of requests and such, but we do have several different SRM
forms out there.  Basically, we took the standpoint of piloting with requests
that the Remedy team would receive and then some other application groups that
really wanted it, and we're continuing to expand from there.

>From a technology standpoint, I have one AIF that does lookups against Asset
>Management for software contracts as well as dynamically leveraging different
>Task Group Templates based on criteria determined within the service request.
>A colleague has been working on a custom Approval process for a type of
>service request for one of our business users.  We have several "vanilla" SRDs
>out there that have just a few questions that people answer, but another twist
>is that several of these are linked to from SharePoint so end users for
>specific applications can go to the right page on the Intranet then click a
>button or hyperlink and instantly report an issue (we have JSS SSO in place to
>bypass logging in.)

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer