From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Ortega, Jesus A
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Bar Code Software for Asset Management

**
Greetings fellow Remedy Islanders,
I am currently working on a project to move our Asset Management functions out
of the SAP dark ages and into Remedy's Asset Management. In doing the gap
analysis we found that there is not native functionality in Remedy to upload
Barcoded inventory into the system or to create barcode labels based on CI
numbers. I am sure that there probably is a way to do it by way of exports to
Excel, but we would really like an all-inclusive solution. Do any of you use
any bar-code scanner software that will load CIs to a CMDB data set and create
Barcodes based on a CI range? As usual, we have a very aggressive timeline and
this has become a show stopper issue for our SAP Asset Managers. Please let me
know which vendors offer this type of solution.

Thank you in advance,
Jesus Ortega
Senior II, Implementation Engineer
LyondellBasell Industries

Information contained in this email is subject to the disclaimer found by
clicking on the following link: http://www.lyondellbasell.com/Footer/Disclaimer/

material.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.