From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Brad Fike
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 4:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Returning SQL results as a single string.

**

Hello Team,

I have a have sql statement and i want to store the results in a character
field during a filter set fields action not just 'Use First Matching Request'

this is my example sql statement...

    select f.fieldName
    from arschema a, field f
    where a.schemaId = f.schemaId
    and a.resolvedName = 'User'
    and f.fieldName like 'L%'

This is the best I've been able to come up with so far. It works from sql
analyzer but not in the filter...

    DECLARE @Fields VARCHAR(8000)
    SELECT @Fields = COALESCE(@Fields + '; ', '') + f.fieldName
    from arschema a, field f
    where a.schemaId = f.schemaId
    and a.resolvedName = 'User'
    and f.fieldName like 'L%'
    SELECT @Fields as list

Are there any SQL wizards out there?

Thanks in advance.

Thank You,
Brad Fike
(469) 759-0798<tel:%28469%29%20759-0798>
b...@jbfike.com<mailto:b...@jbfike.com>

This e-mail is the property of NaviSite, Inc. It is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution
or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.