What do you have on the ARS server for the language environment variables?

LANG, LC_ALL, NLS_LANG

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Antonio Monizza
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:11 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Upgrade ARS 7.1 to ARS 7.6.04 SP4 - UNICODE issue

** Hi Kiran,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your suggestions, please note our current
frame:

given that

1) we need to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.6.04 but we need to stay on our current app
server machines and our current db machines
2) our current production ARS 7.1 installation is non UNICODE and current
oracle db is UNICODE and everything has always been running fine so far

what's puzzling for us is that it seems that the upgrade from 7.1 to 7.6.04
(running the installer) is forcing us to convert our ARS app server
installation from non UNICODE to UNICODE, while we would like to avoid that
because it would imply extra costs, time, maybe machines etc..

Answers from BMC on this topic so far have been that either we convert our
oracle instance from UNICODE to non UNICODE to continue with the upgrade, OR we
do a new fresh install of ARS 7.6.04 on a new db instance, in UNICODE, and then
move objects and data from current servers to new instances/servers.

Both ways are hardly viable for us, due to a number of reasons/constraints,
that's why we're seeking advise here

thanks for your help

Kind Regards,
Antonello Monizza