Steve,

It is not only about authentication. For Windows Desktop SSO to work,
Kerberos/NTLM tokens have to be passed around. My question is more related
to that. You are right about authentication, I can just specify one or more
AD servers in domain A (if it is a forest) in AREA configuration and
authentication would work fine.

~Nathan