From: "Christopher Pruitt (Bank of America Account)" <christopher.pru...@hp.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 1:23:15 PM
Subject: arimportcmd 7.1 verses 7.6.04

**
I was hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.

We have several dozen scripts we run on our servers that do data imports using
the arimportcmd. We have been running these scripts, in some capacity, for over
9+ years without issue. However, we upgraded one of our servers to 7.6.04 and
now everyone of these scripts fail to run using the arimportcmd.

I have been digging through all the documentation I can for 7.6.04 and have
searched the BMC Knowledgebase, and even tried doing Google searches trying to
see why the arimportcmd just stopped working.

The error we are seeing in the filter log is > **** Error while performing
filter action: Error 38

We format the arimportcmd as follows: passing in the variable values

arimportcmd -r $RPC_NUMBER -x $SERVER_NAME -u $USER_NAME -p $PASSWORD -m
$MAPPING_FILE_NAME -d $MAPPING_DIR -o $LOAD_HOME/$FILE_TYPE/$DATA_FILE -l
$LOG_FILE_NAME > /dev/null 2>&1

Christopher Pruitt
Business Consulting III
Remedy Developer
BMC Certified Administrator: BMC Remedy AR System 7.6.04
HP Enterprises Services
christopher.pru...@hp.com
www.hp.com

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any files transmitted with it are
intended for the sole use of the entity or individual to whom it is addressed,
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee for this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution, or
dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately destroy, erase, or discard this message.
Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake.