Hey all,

We are running ARS/ITSM 7.6.4 and I have gotten a request to notify the Work
Order Assignee when someone adds Note to the associated Service Request. I
looked through the available notification events and nothing seems to fire when
that happens.

>From what I've seen so far, it looks like I'll need to add workflow that will
>be triggered on the WorkInfo creation and generate an event, modify the
>'NTE:SYS-Define NT Events' 'Notification Events' field to add the new event
>type, and then create the entry on that form, on 'NTE:CFG-Notification Events'
>to detail preferences (staff event) and on 'SYS:Notification Messages' to
>detail the message text.

I'm not seeing a good location for the workflow (SRM:Request seems to only get
'NeedsAttentionCount' updated, and the SRM and WOI WorkInfo forms don't have
notification workflow on them to use), so it looks like I'll need to catch it
on 'WOI:WorkInfo' (submit where AttachmentSourceFormName (304309590) =
SRM:WorkInfo, and z1D Action (1000000076) = CREATE_FROM_REQUEST) and then push
a flag to 'WOI:WorkOrder' where I can set the notification fields (z1D NT...)
and then call the notification workflow there (filter guide
'SRM:REQ:NotificationaGenerator_Execute').

Has anyone done this already, or looked to something similar? If so, advice and
experience would be appreciated, particularly if there's a configuration
solution that I'm missing! Thanks for taking the time to read through, and I'm
looking forward to hearing from y'all soon!

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GEMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. . 2012 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator | 2012 Detroit
Free Press Michigan Top Workplace

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.