I am leaning towards Remedy config.

Are you using MAPI (with Outlook installed on server) to send emails?
MAPIis the only configuration that will use the email profile you
configure in
Windows.  The error indicates that SMTP is being used.

Another thing to check is the email engine service is running as the AD
account associated with the Exchange mailbox.  If the service is using the
Local System it won't use the mail profile you have setup.

Jason