From: Easter, David [mailto:david_eas...@bmc.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:25 PM
Subject: OT: An unexpected fork in the road...

**

Hi All,

  I watched the movie "Moneyball" a few nights ago.  Billy Beane (general
manager for the Oakland A's) had advice for delivering bad news - just give it
to 'em straight.  So here goes.

  As of April 5th, I'm no longer an employee of BMC Software, Inc.

  While my disclaimer has always stated that my participation in this group
wasn't an official function for BMC, obviously this turn of events puts a
significant kink in my continued involvement in the ARSList. :-)  Note that
this is in no way a result of the April Fool's posting that I sent out... lest
someone jump to an errant conclusion.   I won't be able to discuss any details
of the situation, but you guys deserved to hear the news straight from the
horse's a.... er... mouth.

  This has been an amazing 7 years of my career and all of you are the reason
for that.  This is the most vibrant, animated and supportive group I've ever
had the pleasure to be a part of.  I've met many of you in person, talked with
even more in virtual space, but I feel like a part of a family with all of you.
 I will truly miss the opportunity to represent the brand and products that you
channel so much passion and positive energy towards.

   This E-mail address (david_eas...@bmc.com<mailto:david_eas...@bmc.com>) will
cease functioning, but I've created a new E-mail address
(david_easter...@yahoo.com<mailto:david_easter...@yahoo.com>) and subscribed to
the list as a "private citizen".  I'll continue to contribute what I can - just
from a different vantage point.  So this isn't goodbye - just a change in the
weather...

-David J. Easter
(Previously) Manager of Product Management, AR System

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc. My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.