**
Yep that's what I thought but data were unique.

On 05 Apr, 2013,at 10:06 PM, Joe D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net> wrote:

Sounds like a bug if it works that way but not the other.

Have you checked existing data in that field to make sure it was already unique before you created a unique index?

Do a select distinct count and then a select count on that field and see if you get a different result.

Joe

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of laurent matheo
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 8:01 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Can't create unique index in 8.1 on overlay forms?

Hi :)

I just tried to create a unique index in 8.1 and I failed to do so in some cases.

On a custom form I can create unique (or not unique) indexes simply using the list which is in "unique index" column in the form "Definitions" tab, "Indexes" part.

Though if I want to do so on a "base" form (let's say "HPD:Help Desk") I can't.
I overlay the form.
I go to "Definitions" tab, the "Indexes" part, I choose overlay type "additive" and I can click on "new" to create a new index, I can choose fields, works ok, BUT I can't choose if the index is unique or not, it seems it's set to "No" and you don't have the "list" to choose "yes".

As a test I created a simple regular form and tried to define an index, I could see the "list" in "Unique" column so I can choose "yes" or "no" (03.png):

<image001.jpg>

I don't actually create the index and I converted my custom form to "base" and I tried to create the same index on the overlay, so:
-> I overlay the form.
-> I go to "Definitions" tab, the "Indexes" part, I choose overlay type "additive" and I can click on "new" to create a new index and this time no way to get the list so I can't select "yes" (04.png):

<image002.jpg>

The workaround I found is to:
-> I overlay the form.
-> I go to "Definitions" tab, the "Indexes" part, I choose overlay type "additive",
-> I save the form,
-> I switch to "base development",
-> I open the form,
-> I go to "Definitions" tab, the "Indexes" part, I add the index there (I can choose "yes" or "no" there) ,
-> I save the form,
-> I switch back to "best practice" mode,
-> I open the overlay form,
-> I can see my index,

Do you have the same behavior?

Best regards.

Laurent.

_ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" and have been for 20 years_ _ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" and have been for 20 years_