ITSM 7.6.04 SP2
ARS 7.6.04 SP3
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit DEV
Win 2008 VMServer

ITSM 7.6.04 SP4
ARS 7.6.04 SP4
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit DEV
Win 2008 VMServer

I am trying to install ARS 7.6.04 SP4  It never asks if I am upgrading.  The
system bombs out at the very end.  It tells me that the database information is
incorrect.  I looked in the BMC KB and all I could find there was that my
server name was too long!

FQDN - xxRemedy7txxxxx.xx.org
Alias -  xxRemedy7txxxxx.xx

I used the standard xx#xxxxx#  password.

Any ideas?

BMC KB Solution:
You need to have the short server name for the Server Name field during the SP4
installer.

Database access errors are another possible cause, check the install log for
messages such as:
{Description=[Failed to check database connection,DB server],Detail=[ORA-01017:
invalid username/password; logon denied]}

The database error is likely the password is incorrect and it is recommended to
type the password even if you see the password field already populated.

Error Messages at the end of  the install:
1)  LOG EVENT {Description=[[SQLERROR] [DESCRIPTION] Failed to get database
connection],Detail=[[SQLERRORCODE]=1017 [SQLMESSAGE]=ORA-01017: invalid
username/password; logon denied]}

2) THROWABLE EVENT {Description=[Failed to execute
prepareConnection],Detail=[Failed to prepare db connection
                ERROR CODE=1017
                MESSAGE=ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
                SQL STATE=72000]}

Throwable=[java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon
denied
oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:119)
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:115)
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:221)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:467)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:409)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:401)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOauth(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:852)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:427)
oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:493)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:198)
oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:29)
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:502)
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
com.bmc.install.utility.jdbc.impl.OracleDatabaseHelperImpl.getConnection(OracleDatabaseHelperImpl.java:74)
com.bmc.install.utility.jdbc.DatabaseHelper.getConnection(DatabaseHelper.java:247)
com.bmc.install.utility.jdbc.DatabaseHelper.getConnection(DatabaseHelper.java:210)
com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerManageDatabaseBusinessTask.prepareConnection(ARServerManageDatabaseBusinessTask.java:595)
com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerManageDatabaseBusinessTask.processDBVendorTablesSqlFile(ARServerManageDatabaseBusinessTask.java:773)
com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerManageDatabaseBusinessTask.execute(ARServerManageDatabaseBusinessTask.java:101)
com.bmc.install.task.InstallationTask.run(InstallationTask.java:93)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]

3)  LOG EVENT {Description=[AR System Server  failed],Detail=[featureARServer]}