Mark,

I already had the exact same issue on a (too) fast machine with the standard
ITSM application (change module). Here is my explanation for a change ticket
(the behaviour I noticed was by design, so I have never found a real solution).
Basically, it is due to multithreading.

The normal behaviour is the following
- Hit the save button of a change ticket
- Process the filters (phase 1)
- Commit to the DB
- Process the actions of phase2 filters

Now imagine this scenario:
During level 1 phase, you can run set action or push action (as long as the
filter name ends with `!). Imagine you push a command to the CAI. Another
thread (the CAI thread) is monitoring the CAI queue, and might execute the
command before the Commit of the normal flow. So in fact the sequence is this:

- Hit the save button of a change ticket
- Process filters of phase 1
        => Triggers push to CAI
- CAI processes command
        => Modifies something in the ticket we started with. Initial commit is
not yet executed, so filters are executed exactly as in the initial transaction
        => Commit is done for this action
        => Process phase 2 filters
- Commit is done in the DB for the initial action
- Process phase 2 filters.

In my case, my change requester sometimes received 2 notifications for the
creation of one change.

I hope this helps you a little.

Best regards,
Jean-Louis Halleux