Hello everyone,

I currently find myself in the third circle of ARS hell ... debugging FTS on
ARS 7.6.03 (it's a long story on why we're not on 7.6.04 yet, but suffice it to
say, I have no immediate control of that situation).

We have had an FTS re-index procedure running for more than a month now. I need
to get an idea on where it is, and how much longer it needs to finish. I can
trace some of this through the arftsindex.log(s). It seems to iterate per-form,
per-indexed field. So ... form A, indexed field 1 ... then indexed field 2,
etc, etc cycling through every record in the form N times where N is the number
of indexed columns in the form.

So ... part of this is that I need to be able to know exactly how many such
fields and forms I'm looking at.
I need a better way of doing this than to open each form on the server, and
pick through the field properties on every form.

I've tried running the sql log on server startup to try and capture whatever it
is the ft dispatcher executes in the DB to find the indexed fields, but if it's
there I sure as heck can't find it. There do not appear to be any obvious
columns on the 'FIELD' table that would indicate FTS indexing mode, nor do
there appear to be any adjunct tables (like the various FIELD_* tables) that
would contain this data.

I'd like very much to be able to execute a query on the DB that would return
schemaid and fieldid of all the fields that the FTS indexer is going to try and
run through.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

-Andy