From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Tommy Morris
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:58 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mixed Case Login Issues

**
AR 7.6.4 sp1

Just to be honest, I stole the summary of this issue from jshyman but the
answer to this was concerning Analytics and I could not find another thread so
here goes.

If a user logs into Remedy using all lowercase then AREA LDAP checks with LDAP,
which is case-insensitive, and returns a positive result. Remedy then checks
the log in information with the Remedy Login ID in CTM:People and finds a match
and the user is logged in with all their expected rights..
However, if a user logs into Remedy using mixed case or call CAPS then AREA
LDAP checks with LDAP, which is case-insensitive, and returns a positive
result. Remedy then checks the log in information with the Remedy Login ID in
CTM:People and does not find a match, due to Oracle being case-sensitive, and
the user is logged in as a guest.

The easy solution would be to tell end-users to use all lower case when they
log into Remedy but instead our Problem Management team decided this was a
recurring issue with Remedy and opened a PBI on it. Does anyone have a thought
as to how I can capture the login ID and drop it to lower case on both the UT
and mid-tier? Or an any other useful suggestion will be appreciated.