Hello all,

I'm coming to you after a rather big incident on my client's production
server.

Some filters create a list of users to notify of a certain action. It then
removes the current user's login name from the list. Anyhow, there was a
bug in the list that left a trailing "0" after the name of one user. When a
few days ago he triggered a notification, the list had a "0" in it. Which
is the id of the "Public" group. So our server started to send an email to
160k+ users. Thanks to a full tablespace, "only" 36k emails where sent.

The bug itself is corrected, but my client would like us to find a
definitive protection against this kind of problems.

The only thing I can think of for now, is having a script that would watch
the AR System Email Messages. If it has more than X outbound email to send,
then interrupt Email Engine. I don't even know how I could do that in a
clean way.

Any thoughts ?

Versions :

AR System 7.5 p6