We have an ARS 7.1 server P11 --- and We had BOA 7.6.04 (I believe) which
worked fine until the JAVA was incompatible, with security .. so we decided
to create another server

So we did a compatibility check with the latest version and all the lovely
tickets with customer support about using 7.6.06.
with the understanding was you can use these in unison so you can verify
all was working correctly and verify all your reports prior to the shutdown
of the system (old BOA)...

However: we Questioned the customer support several times, and when in the
middle we noticed something not obvious and asked a question back to
customer support who told us when you put in the 7.6.06 your lose your
reports from the old system cause it wipes out or somehow updates the
oracle db tables and breaks the old reporting system.

They cannot seem to tell us what tables are modified or any more details
that what I typed in the email.. quiet frankly.

Anyone have experience in this and seen this before?

Also we were promised that we could take old reports from one universe and
move them no problem: however documentation is Extremely lacking and
contradictory at many locations, providing different solutions without
details.

Anyone want to throw me a bone..  hints tips tricks, that work.. thanks

--
Patrick Zandi