Hi Everyone,

Our current environment is Solaris 10 with Oracle 10g non-unicode and ARS
7.5P4.  We are trying to move to a Linux CentOS release 6.4 Final (Red Hat
Linus  6.4) with Oracle 11g unicode and ARS 8.1. These are VM instances.

We are finding the Linux box does want Oracle 10g.  Since we are moving to
a new server we wanted to do fresh installs at the 10g level and do an
import of our database, then proceed with the oracle upgrade and ARS
upgrade.

So we thought we would start with an 11g db on the linux box and go from
there but when we tried the 7.5 install it said it wouldn't work on 11g.
When I check the compatibility chart it indicated 10g or higher for 7.5.

So the basic steps we'd like to do:
Install 11g on the linux server.
Export 10g from current server and import it into 11g.
Install ARS 7.5  (we received an error at this point saying it wouldn't
work on 11g ???)
Install ARS 8.1

Has anyone done something similar?  Is there something wrong with our
approach?

Appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thanks,
Susan

Susan Palmer
ShopperTrak