Windows 2008 r2
Oracle 11g
ARS 8.1
ITSM 8.1
Test Environment

I attempted to add a field to Class Name,  BMC_BaseElement, Namespace,
BMC.Core, via CMBD Class Manager. I have successfully added two other fields
without issue. This time, instead of the field getting added, the Status is
"Change Pending". It has been over 72 hours since I attempted to add the field.

I goggled CMDB Status is Change Pending and found several; many questions,
fewer responses. One of the responses I found was this:

How to debug CMDB 7.5 Change Pending Issues
OVERVIEW: CLASS Manager Activity. If a particular activity stays in Change
Pending state for a long time you can investigate the root cause by following
the steps mentioned in the document.
To resolve this problem you need to validate CMDB metadata problems. We need to
check some of the forms which may have pending entries for classes, attributes
for which class manager do not show pending entries.
LOGIN with Administrator previlege:
This is a brief descriptions of the points to check:
- WUT: Login as Demo and check the CMDB metadata. Check each record is active,
unique and it's correct.
STEPS:
The forms to check and fix are:
Step1: Class (OBJSTR:Class) -> Check there is NOT pending entries (No entries
where 'System Status*' != "Active" )
Fix: If there are not active entries, you need to backup those entries on arx
format and delete them.
1.a Check Class (OBJSTR:Class) again where 'Pending ID' != "0" OR 'OSStatus' !=
"Active"
Fix: If there are entries with Pending ID != 0, you have to investigate this
problem carefully.
Step 2: Attribute Definitions (OBJSTR:AttributeDefinition) -> Check there is
NOT pending entries (No entries where 'Record Status' != "Active")
Fix: If there are not active entries, you need to backup those entries on arx
format and delete them.
**
Step 3: OBJSTR:Index (OBJSTR:Index) -> Check there is NOT pending entries (No
entries where 'Record Status' != "Active")
Fix: If there are NOT active entries, you need to backup those entries on arx
format and delete them.
Step 4: OBJSTR:IndexAttrib (OBJSTR:IndexAttrib) -> Check there is NOT pending
entries (No entries where 'Record Status' != "Active")
Fix: If there are not active entries, you need to backup those entries on arx
format and delete them.
***
Step 5: OBJSTR:Pending -> Check there are not errors here.
Fix: If there are errors, please read them and fix the problem. Otherwise, you
need to backup those entries on arx format and delete them.
Step 6: Application Pending -> Check there are not entries waiting processing
here.
Fix: Wait until all the entries are deleted. If they are not deleted, to fix
the problem, you need to backup those entries on arx format and delete them
manually.
Thanks & Regards
Vishal V. Dhainje
Sr. Consultant Remedy Practice
This item is dated May 24, 2010 - anyone used it recently? Is it current for
8.1? Assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Sandra Hennigan
Remedy Developer