Hi Lokesh,

OOB workflow does work for OOB change reason field. You need to make sure
OOB workflow also works for new attribute you have created for change
reason field.
Enable server side log and find out workflow use change reason field to
initiate approval process and make sure same workflow understand new
attribute.

You may need to add same attribute to approval and change join from to
carry same value further, check server side log for more details.

Regards
Kiran

--
*Regards*