Rick,

Reconciliation IDs are the unique identifiers of a thing.

Within a single dataset, it is NOT PERMITTED to have duplicate reconciliation
IDs (and if you had that, there
was a version of the CMDB where the unique index to prevent that was not in
place).

You can have two items with the same reconciliation ID, but in different
datasets.  That means it is the same
object, just in a discovery and a production dataset for example.

So, if you had your items with the same reconciliation ID, we consider them the
exact same object.  As the
foreign key is that reconciliation ID, that is why connecting to one connected
to all and disconnecting from one
disconnected from all.

Glad you found the issue in your case, but remember that the reconciliation ID
is that unique identity of each
thing (instance ID, another guid on the record is the unique instance of the
thing so two things that are really
the same object in different datasets will have the same reconciliation ID but
unique instance IDs).

Doug