Hey, for the few of us out there who still custom-develop...remind an old dog
of the programmatic way to alter a table query conditions via active link.  Do
you store the criteria in a hidden character field?

(use 7.6.04, we haven't adopted 8.1 for a few more months)

Use Case / Example:

I display a list of change records in my custom change app and show all open
records for a certain team.

I provide a pulldown for the form user to change the view criteria to all open
records with a change type of "Standard".

Very different criteria.

Can the query criteria be stored in a character field, then have one Active
Link modify the contents of the character field then fire a refresh of the
table so it uses the new criteria and, in turn, displays new results list in
the table?  I don't need to change columns and even if I did, I know how to
hide/unhide those via AL (simple).  I'm focused on the table's query criteria.

My older/clunkier way is just to build 2 tables and hide/reveal the appropriate
one, but it would be cleaner and lighter to just modify a single table's search
criteria.  It's just been so long since I've dealt with such a case that I
don't remember if you can do it and prefer not to waste time experimenting if
the list can help me avoid it.

Thanks in advance to replies.

Raymond H. Gellenbeck
Manager | Business Service Management