Mark,
It may be easier to require them to input the work entry using a specific
work info type. Then you don't have to mess with time and date
calculations.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2013, at 2:31 PM, "Brittain, Mark" <mbritt...@navisite.com> wrote:

**

Hi All & TGIF,

On the Work Order I have a requirement that a Work Info Notes entry is
required when the Status is set to Completed or Closed. If the user just
made an entry it doesn’t make sense they make another. So my thought is to
use a guide to walk through Work Info table and if the Submit Date column
is blank or the most recent Submit Date is older than maybe 5 minutes throw
an error message. Might have to do something like if Submit Date >
($TIMESTAMP$ - 60*5), set field and then if the field is blank throw the
error. However if I could do it without the set field that would be better

ITSM 7.6.04

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Mark

*Mark Brittain*

Remedy Developer

ITILv3 Foundation

*NaviSite – **A Time Warner Cable Company***

mbritt...@navisite.com

Office: 315-634-9337**

Mobile: 315-882.5360

<image001.gif>

------------------------------
This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
this E-mail and any printout.