Our users are getting frustrated with the way Remedy handles session expiration
on the midtiers. If a session expires and you are in the middle of filling out
a form, you receive no preliminary warning and no indication that your session
has expired until you perform an action, which by then it is too late and you
must open a new remedy session in another window and manually copy and paste
the information from the incomplete form into a new form in order to save it
(this is BMC's advised "solution" to the problem). I have been working on a way
to notify the user that their session will be expiring but am running into
issues. I realize this is a common issue but have yet to find any useful
threads that answer my question in the forums.

So far I have been working with the existing client side status bar timer that
is running based on the timeout settings it receives from the server upon
session changes. I am showing the user a message when they have five minutes
left and have given them a prompt which, through an ajax call, will reach out
and touch the session on the server so that they can avoid the timeout, or if
they choose they can immediately end their session. I also have it actively
kicking the user off as soon as the session clock hits 00:00 and they have not
chosen to extend their session.

The issue I am facing occurs when users have remedy running in multiple browser
tabs. The client side clocks do not stay in sync and therefore the user may
choose to extend their session on one tab but the client side timer from
another tab will still expire and kick them out. I attempted to use a session
variable to universally track the amount of time left and reach out to it
incrementally to keep all the client windows in sync however, I realized that
since I am reaching out and touching the session, remedy assumes this is action
committed by the user and resets the session timer thus infinity extending the
users session.

Regardless of my attempts summarized above, has anyone had any luck finding a
method to make remedy's session expiration more user friendly? If I have missed
an active thread with a solution to this please point me in that direction
otherwise I would appreciate any solutions anyone can provide.