From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Armen Avedisijan
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:03 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: LoadTesting ITSM 764

Using a single user account in a test like that would also mean that as the
test progresses user will  have rapidly increasing number of open tickets
created. So in addition to caching effect, if a test is allowed to run long
enough or repeated few times there will probably be a gradual degradation of
system responsiveness (signature is similar to a memory leak ).

All of that can be easily avoided if you have more than 1 system user, you
allow users to close as well as create tickets so that total number of opened
tickets is fairly steady and you also allow users to create tickets for more
than 1 customer (again avoiding cashing and clashing).  While you can keep the
whole test fairly simple you would introduce enough variability to get
meaningful and useful results avoiding both false positives and false
negatives. And that should be valid for both Mid Tier and User Tool.

As Dom mentioned for this to be practical you should use a tool that not only
recognises Remedy API or BackChannel calls but can also identify set of IDs
needed and ideally also creates a set of parameters that will allow you easily
use different user or customer data (capture, auto parameterize, replay).

Using Scapa creating a test like yours should not take more than 15-20 minutes
and if you like I can show you the whole process on one of our servers (either
for User Tool or Mid Tier).

Regards,
Armen

Are, and have been for 20 years"