@@: LJ Longwing,

That sounds like it may probably be the reason why they may have not
included $FIELDHELP$ (good reverse analysis..) - except that the help
cumulatively does get loaded and can be seen if you press the Help toolbar
if made available on the Mid-Tier on the form (see Fredrick's related email)

Hypothetically assuming you are right on the reason, I think they should
implement it anyway, and leave it to the developer to decide if he wants to
or not have help associated with his objects. Let the developer worry about
its impact to the system as afar as performance is concerned. Let it be
known that the more help you have associated with your fields and your
forms, the thicker they get and the bigger your network packets would get.

@@: Fredrick Grooms

Yes I did notice that the Help on the toolbar does load ALL the help defined
on all the fields of the form. So that makes you wonder why wasn't it
available for $FIELDHELP$ if the Help was available in that generic way.

@@: Natlalie

I concur completely. Not making a feature available altogether for
performance reasons (IF that is the reason why it was not made available)
sound unreasonable. Again I know LJ is only sporting a guess (a good one at
that), its like implementing a hard limit to number of searches you can
develop in set field if or push field if actions because searches if
implemented badly could be a dangerous thing too.. But then how useful would
a system be if such a limitation were imposed?

Joe

PS: I'm now really curious to know why this is not available now!

  _____