Following up on this thread about "caught exception" errors in IE:

I just now tried the Apache config option Patrick mentions, and it seems to
work - but I tried it with EmulateIE8 instead of EmulateIE7, since I'm not
aware of this "caught exception" issue on any IE 8 browsers using Remedy (7.5
midtier).

Is there any particular reason to specify IE 7 instead of IE 8?    The chart on
this page has a different description for what each does, but I don't know if
the differences matter or not for this situation:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/hanuk/archive/2008/08/28/apache-httpd-configuration-for-ie7-standard-mode-rendering-in-ie8.aspx

(short link: http://bit.ly/1fozgxV )

Thanks,
David