Sorry Ray, all I can do is join in with you on the annoyance, if you log a
bug or communities idea on this, let me know and I'll vote for it out John
into the chorus

On Sunday, September 1, 2013, Ray Gellenbeck <raygellenb...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I have a big pet peeve that was not corrected in 8.1 of Dev Studio.
>
> Situation:
> 1.  Building an Active Link
> 2.  Add a "Set Fields" action
> 3.  Begin building your list of fields to set (for example, initialize a
display-only form after a previous record finished processing)

> Annoying Bug:
> 4.  Once the list gets longer than the field list window can display, the
scroll bar kicks in, as expected, but everytime you select a field or the
field value, the view keeps resetting to the top of the list.  So for each
subsequent field you want to set the value for, you must...
> a.  Click the next blank field line, after which the view resets to the
top of the field list
> b.  Scroll back down and click the ... so you can actually select the
field to be set., after which the view resets again
> c.  Scroll back down AGAIN and select the value to be put in that field.
 When you go to click the next line down, the whole annoying process
repeats again.

> If there a developer studio flag or workaround to tell the stupid UI to
quit resetting to the top of the list.  If I have a LONG list of fields to
set, this is pretty darn time-costly with all the clicking and scrolling
back and forth.