From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 10:05 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Ha! Remedy Developer T-Shirts

**
So I started to wonder why 536870912 at the beginning. Seems a bit of on odd
first ID number.  I wonder if it was because that is 512 megabits?  Because it
is 64 megabytes?  There must be some kind of meaning.
Engineer 1:  Hey, we need a really large number for the first field ID in the
customer range
Engineer 2:  What is 64 megabytes in bits?
Engineer 1:  536870912
Engineer 1+2:  Yeah, let's use that
note: this is a reenactment of how it may have happened.  It is possible
Engineer 1 and 2 was the same person :)

[cid:image001.png@01CEAAF0.B12F67B0]
http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/?input_amount=536%2C870%2C912+&input_units=bits&notation=legacy

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 8:16 AM, Longwing, Lj