From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Carl Wilson
Sent: 13 September 2013 23:36
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: BMC Remedy Health Advisor

**
Hi Christopher,
Yes, installed this when it first came out (as I believe it was bases on
another partner tool - just re-vamped so was expecting good things as I had
seen the original version - "E-Support" [TSMI]  although never officially
confirmed).
It is cumbersome to get up and running, and I found it full of bugs where lots
of the functionality did not work as expected (lots of workflow bugs).  There
were multiple parts to install and then configure - not straight forward and
the documentation is not too great.

I wish it had more support, there is massive potential to get have this up and
running with the ability to add lots of modules.  There was just so much that
did not work as expected, so gave up on it pretty quickly due to it not being
supported and it did not seem to gain much traction.

The main issue I see, as was with E-Support, is that if your Remedy system goes
down, you have no monitoring as it is "housed" in your AR System  ....

To be honest, there are a number of tools that out do this although it is a
good first effort (again there is potential).

Column Technology (Dom Lewington) does something similar for monitoring called
"Sentinel", which was originally based on a similar concept from an open source
software "Big Brother" - although it has now been completely re-written to be
native Java and standalone .  I wrote a number of modules when it was in the
"Big Brother" model (when I worked for Column) which would have ported nicely
into the Health Advisor but due to the lack of support it kind of died a
natural death.
The great thing about the Sentinel concept is that it was housed outside of
Remedy, so could still run if the system fell over:

Original concept:

http://www.bb4.org/features.html

I digress, but from memory you need to install both the server and the client
to get running.

I have a VM with this up and running, let me know if you need me to dig up the
configuration and setup (deciphering the documentation was the key).

Kind Regards,

Carl Wilson

http://www.missingpiecessoftware.com/